Project Engineer II – Transportation
Help continue our Transportation success and growth in the Missouri markets and beyond!
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. Our Transportation team continues to grow and develop. We are currently seeking an experienced Transportation Design Engineer focused on roadway design projects to join our team in the St. Louis, MO Office.
In this position you’ll be responsible for working as the design lead on roadway and street projects in collaboration with multiple municipal clients and state agencies. You will serve as the technical task lead on the project delivery team while supporting project management responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must possess a proven track record in designing roadway infrastructure, helping develop client relationships, collaborating with subconsultant partners, and delivering quality transportation related design projects with exceptional client service.
Get the conversation started by applying today.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Approximately 5 to 15 years of experience in design of urban roadway and street projects for Missouri municipalities. Experience in designing roadway projects with MoDOT oversight. ILDOT experience is a plus.
- Expertise in the application of MoDOT’s Engineering Policy Guide (EPG). Familiarity with local design criteria, standards, and specifications is a plus.
- Experience with roadway design calculations, temporary traffic control layout, and drainage design computations. Familiarity with the design of traffic signal systems and pedestrian and bicycle accommodations is a plus.
- Experience with MicroStation, Geopak, OpenRoads, and other Bentley project delivery software platforms is required and fundamental to this position. In addition, candidate must be well-versed in reviewing and assembling roadway construction plans. Working knowledge of Autodesk software platforms, such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D, is a plus.
- Motivation to be involved in business and professional development activities such as professional societies, networking events, and external committees.
- Motivation to learn management skills such as development of scope, schedule, and budget and implementation of quality assurance and quality control procedures.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Must possess current Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in the State of Missouri or the ability to obtain their license within six months.
- The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.