Design + Engineering
- GS Interactive
- Jurupa Valley, Pomona, Hemet | California
“The City of Jurupa Valley continues to be very pleased with the services that we are receiving from HR Green. The firm provides highly competent and experienced staff at reasonable hourly rates. Being able to supplement our internal team with well-managed contract staff makes us all the more effective in serving our residents and the development community.”
– City Manager | Jurupa Valley
As a new city, Jurupa Valley needed full departmental management and on-site civil project staffing, planning, and civil engineering. They also needed assistance with funding projects through available grants. HR Green has delivered on all counts – helping to procure federal, state and regional funding, prepare construction documents for CIP projects, as well as:
- Oversee the design engineering and construction of 150 miles of pavement rehabilitation as well as Complete Streets and Green Streets.
- Incorporate “green” recycling methodologies and rubberized asphalt strategies to save the City money and create a sustainable environment.
- Coordinate the construction of $60 million of water and sewage and pipelines, including a major pipeline that required the development of a complex traffic management plan.
- Create a streets and trails master plan while constructing ADA-compliance access ramps.
- Implement traffic safety and mobility improvements and award-winning bridge, grade separation, and interchange projects.
The City needed a versatile, qualified firm to provide on-call civil engineering, plan check, and project management.
HR Green has provided a mix of design engineering, plan review, and project/construction management for various roadway, alleyway, sidewalk, curb and gutter, and ADA compliance projects citywide, including the extension of their Light Rail Transit line through the City.
The City needed a firm to fulfill the responsibilities of a City Engineer, and then with staff departures, had additional needs.
HR Green began as the City Engineer, enhancing the plan check delivery process, and delivering engineering consulting services for street improvements, water and sewer improvements, parks, and ADA access ramps and sidewalks.
Work then expanded to include all civil engineering duties – CIP planning, plan review, and design. As CIP Manager, HR Green staff is responsible for managing the City’s Capital Improvement budget and overseeing the design and construction of all capital projects, including grant writing/administration through closeout and construction management.
A wide variety of projects for both engineering and public works include a citywide pavement rehabilitation program and work with the City’s water/sewer system, where HR Green designed and managed the replacement and re-lining of City sewer mains.
“HR Green has been successful performing City Engineering, project support, plan checking, and development reviews for the City. The firm brings a business sensibility to engineering management, working closely with our staff to streamline and assist our processes. Further, HR Green is an ideal fit for combining experience with value by reducing the amount of paper, time, travel, and costs.”
– City Manager | Hemet