Webinar: What Does Environmentally Friendly Engineering Really Mean?
March 16, 2021
Northern Illinois University
Center for Governmental Studies
Webinar | 1pm - 4pm CST
Since 2004, the Civic Leadership Academy (CLA) has helped to develop the leadership skills of government and nonprofit professionals through practical workshops that address your needs. CLA is a program of the Northern Illinois University Center for Governmental Studies (CGS).
At CLA, you’ll:
- Benefit from the knowledge of recognized experts and practitioners.
- Develop new skills for personal effectiveness and professional growth.
- Build relationships with fellow civic leaders.
- Engage in hands-on, experiential learning with fellow participants and experienced instructors.
NIU CLA offers training sessions throughout the year from September to June. Attendees can earn certificates of achievements and continuing professional education credits.
Registration is Required (CEU and CPE credits are available)
What Does Environmentally Friendly Engineering Really Mean?
Presented by Logan Gilbertsen, PE, CFM, Lead Engineer, Water Resources at HR Green, Inc; Ravi Jayaraman, PE, ENV SP, Associate/Senior Project Manager at HR Green, Inc; and Sean LaDieu, PE, Senior Project Manager at HR Green, Inc.
Environmentally friendly engineering is on everyone’s mind these days. But what is it really? Explore the design and use of processes and products in a way that is sensitive to the environment. Environmentally friendly approaches minimize pollution, promote sustainability, and protect environmental health without sacrificing economic practicality and efficiency. We’ll show how to incorporate environmental best practices and green infrastructure in public improvements such as stormwater management, water and wastewater, highways, and building design projects. You’ll learn how to incorporate environmentally friendly policies while delivering needed services to your clients or residents.
- Gain a better appreciation of the benefits of incorporating environmentally friendly design in infrastructure projects.
- Explore the most common local government infrastructure projects.
- Experience 1-2 negotiation simulations.
- Observe a demonstration of real-life applications of environmental-centric designs, the environmental benefits, and the steps needed to implement these designs and policies