Senior Water Resources Engineer
Are you an established technical expert with a strong technical background in Hydrologic and Hydraulic modeling? Do you have exposure and experience in the Houston marketplace?? If so, let’s talk! Get the conversation started by applying today.
Our comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Educational Assistance, annual paid volunteering time, work- life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
The Senior Engineer is a highly-seasoned technical expert who is responsible for establishing the technical vision for a discipline within a region and business line. The Senior Engineer will establish HR Green as an expert in the marketplace through his/her active participation in professional/technical associations, and by leading clients understanding of changing regulatory, legal and technical trends. The Senior Engineer will work with staff to achieve practice, or business line sales goals by participating and closing pursuits as an active member of the BD/Proposal team. Additionally, the Senior Engineer will play a consultative role on projects won by establishing project and technical direction, and working to ensure the chosen design is executed consistently with the vision established for the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops market assessments and supports the Practice Leader or Regional Director in the development and execution of national or regional market strategy.
- Actively supports pursuits that align with his/her technical specialty, particularly those which represent strategically important projects for the company. May act as the pursuit lead but generally acts in an advisory capacity to develop project and technical approach for complex and/or strategically important pursuits.
- Plays a prominent role in the proposal and interview process by presenting technical project details to clients which meet both their technical and operational needs. Works cooperatively with business line and marketing staff to create proposal materials in support of client managers and pursuit leaders.
- Identifies legal, regulatory or environmental trends that can be leveraged to create competitive advantage for the organization in assigned area of expertise. Ensures such opportunities are pursued by project and client service managers in his/her region.
- Leads the organization’s involvement in professional and technical associations in order to advance the company’s reputation. Regularly publishes papers, and presents at seminars and conferences to position the firm as an expert.
- Responsible for supporting assigned annual sales goal within his/her technical discipline.
- Acts as an advisor role on highly specialized, complex, and/or strategic projects. The Senior Engineer will work with the project manager to establish technical and project direction at the outset of the project. Proactively anticipates project issues and shows the ability to navigate complex client, political or technical issues to mitigate the impact on project delivery staff.
- Assists with the development of scope, fee and contract to ensure understanding of project deliverables with client staff.
- Oversees the technical direction of the project and periodically is involved with project meetings to ensure projects remain aligned with envisioned direction.
- May have project management responsibility for scope, fee and margin for certain projects within his/her area of expertise, but this is not the primary focus of the Senior Engineer.
- Interacts with technical staff and direct management to identify and resolve important technical issues. The Senior Engineer consistently demonstrates the attributes of a Trusted Advisor by providing expertise and value to clients within his/her area of expertise.
- Anticipates client needs and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Recommends additional business solutions to meet a client’s current and/or future needs.
- Actively mentors junior staff within his/her area of expertise to ensure a robust technical capability within the region.
- Assists operations and project managers to analyze the capabilities of available staff and match project need with available talent.
- Resolves conflicts by ensuring they are addressed immediately and in the appropriate manner. Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse issues between team members.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which HR Green Inc. conducts business.
- Has worked for 5-7 years as a Lead Engineer or Project Manager
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals for multiple projects and pursuits which collectively total in excess of $1 million per year.
- Has a history of successfully completing complex projects.
- Has been actively involved in the one or more industry groups in order to establish company expertise.
- Master’s degree (B.S.) in related engineering or related science discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which HR Green, Inc. conducts business. • Experience leading a LEED project. (If applicable)
- Has had 10 years as a Lead Engineer or Project Manager
- Demonstrated ability to meet regional sales goals for multiple projects and pursuits which collectively total in excess of $2 million per year.
- Has an industry reputation such that s/he is well known in the consulting community for his/her technical expertise.
- Is actively involved in the leadership of one or more technical/professional organizations in his/her area of expertise. Regularly presents at the regional/national level on complex technical concepts.
- Have excellent communication skills and outstanding conflict resolution skills
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.