Senior Project Manager – Wastewater
HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. For more than 100 years, HR Green has been dedicated to our clients’ success. Whether we are providing civil engineering services, innovative management solutions to timely challenges, or overseeing the construction of a high profile improvement, the projects we undertake with our clients connect and shape communities, drive redevelopment and sustainability goals, and improve processes for consistent value. HR Green is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Public Sector Wastewater Practice in our Houston, TX office.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for assisting in marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, scoping and negotiating scopes and fees, client follow-up, billing/collections and maintenance. The Senior Project Manager is also accountable for the successful management of assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares the scope of services, detailed project budget and contract for the Team Leader’s review and approval.
- Works with the Team and Sector Leader(s) to determine the composition of project team(s). Assigns tasks, schedules and budget to project team members (including any subcontractors). Coordinates project scheduling.
- Conducts “kick-off” and interim project status meetings with the project team to discuss tasks, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Is responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. Responsible for leading formal Project Reviews for his/her projects.
- Assures that a QA/QC review is completed at the appropriate stages of each project.
- Is responsible for determining if a contract needs to be amended and immediately seeks approval of from the CSM and supervisor when changes in a project’s budget or scope are necessary.
- Serves a primary client contact for selected projects.
- Monitors project’s adherence to company standards, including Quality Control and Quality Assurance specifications and CADD standards.
- Documents the performance of project team members through completion of Project Staff Reviews. Communicates significant performance issues to team members and Team Leaders so that appropriate action may be taken.
- Provides input into the creation of marketing plans, and maintains regular and accurate record of marketing activities with individual clients. Identifies project opportunities and provides input to the Go/No Go decision.
- Directs the preparation of proposals and interviews.
- May present projects to clients on a regular basis, and may present the proposal to the client and/or take a lead role in the interview.
- Cross markets other firm services as appropriate to his/her clients.
- Responsible for coordinating the timely invoicing and collection of fees.
- Maintains contact with the client after the project is completed and cross markets such other services as is appropriate (in conjunction with Client Service Manager, where appropriate).
- Assures project correspondence is complete and appropriate and that established lines of communication are maintained with the client, contractors, sub-consultants and team members.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Has a B.S. degree in engineering. Graduate preferred. Has ten or more years’ experience. Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and a demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time. Demonstrated client-facing and business development experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, managers, and vendors.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to balance and coordinate the interests and demands of multiple internal clients simultaneously.
EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
Prepares the scope of services, detailed project budget and contract for the Team Leader’s review and approval. Is responsible for determining if a contract needs to be amended and immediately seeks approval of from the CSM and supervisor when changes in a project’s budget or scope are necessary. Monitors the project team’s progress and evaluates their results, recommending needed changes in the project delivery process.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
This position may report to the Business Line President, Practice Leader, Operations Manager or Operations Director. Responsible for providing mentoring to less-experienced staff members in order to upgrade the overall talent level in the company and shows a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Must possess a current, valid Professional licensure/certification in area of technical specialty (e.g. Engineering, Architecture, etc.). The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Position is in an office environment, which requires the use of office equipment. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, printer, etc. The noise level in the office is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. Must frequently orally convey detailed or important information, instructions or ideas intelligently, accurately and quickly. Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive information. Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products or see computer screen.