Senior Design Technician (Civil 3D)
HR Green is a growing engineering company with strong Mission, Vision, and Values. Our Mission is Building Communities.Improving Lives and much of that resides in our employees and the culture that the Company provides.
This position will work with an exceptional team of planning and design professionals on a broad spectrum of projects for city, regional, and state clients. Projects will include the design of urban drainage detention and stormwater conveyance, water distribution, sanitary collection, municipal facilities including treatment and pumping, urban and rural roadways, and other infrastructure projects using AutoCAD and Civil3D. The employee will have direct involvement with multiple engineering and CADD disciplines to produce construction documentation, roadway and utility alignments, facility layouts, topographical profiles, cross sections, surface TINs, earthwork calculations and grading plans.
The position offers opportunity to expand skill sets into specialty design work such as pipe network, facility sub-discipline designs, and other water infrastructure related disciplines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and drafting of engineering plans to include alignments, profiles, cross sections, utilities, and general plan drawings.
• Completing detailed drawings from rough sketches and/or verbal instructions or notes with limited direction from other staff.
• Revising drawings and completing standard calculations used in the completion of engineering plans.
• Participates, as needed, in design meetings with engineering and client staff to fully understand expected project outcomes.
• May accompany engineers or field technicians as needed in order to locate grading markers, collect data required for preliminay design or revision of construction drawings, and/or perform engineering tests.
• Works under the guidance of engineers to complete assigned work within budgeted timeframes.
• Works with client and/or company developed CADD standards in order to establish projects in a manner which increases the ability of other members of the team to assist with project design.
- Organization of plan sets with X-references, sheet set manager and other tools in the CAD platform for efficient completion of design plans.
- Reviews own work and the work of other CADD Technicians for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting to Project Manager or engineering staff for review.
Education and/or Experience
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
• Recently graduated students are welcome to apply!
• Preferred: 2 – 10 years experience with water/sewer/stormwater/utility design and drafting. Understanding of 3D plans and cross sections is preferred.
• General CADD experience mandatory; AutoCAD 2019 and Civil3D Experience with productivity tools is preferred.
- • Experience with utility, subdivision, or earthwork grading design and drafting is a plus.