Project Manager – Transportation
Help set the future course for our Transportation engineering services as a Transportation Project Manager in our St. Louis market!
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms.
In this position you’ll be responsible for working as the lead in Transportation design projects and help build our future as we look to add additional clients and business. Additionally, you’ll directly oversee 2-3 junior engineers.
Qualified candidates must possess a proven track record for leading projects on the DOT and local county side, developing client relationships, and delivering quality transportation related design projects on time and on budget. This is a key position within our firm, and additional opportunities such as ownership or other leadership roles may also be available.
Get the conversation started by applying today.
The Project Manager will be accountable for developing and leading highway projects of varying complexity for the Transportation/Highway Design discipline in St. Louis . In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with government and private sector business partners, including MoDOT and county-level clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
• Is responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. Responsible for adhering to HR Green and client standards for quality management.
• Directly manages 4-5 junior engineers; Acts as a technical resource for project team members.
• Monitors the performance of project team members through completion of Project Staff Reviews. Establishes mentoring and growth opportunities for direct reports or project team members.
• Leads the identification of opportunities, creation of marketing plans, and positioning activities with individual clients.
• Participates in the preparation of engineering services proposals, including interviews, calculation/estimation of time schedules, work scopes, and costs of the proposed work.
• Cross markets other firm services as appropriate to his/her clients.
• Attends networking events and participates in professional society activities.
• Independently communicates on technical, client service, and public stakeholder matters with the client.
• Leads a wide variety of public communications, from small group technical meetings to large-format public meetings and client interviews.
• Develops technical strategies in project delivery and internal knowledge transfers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar required.
• 10 years of experience developing a variety of transportation projects.
• Proven experience developing and managing MoDOT projects is required.
· Experience leverage existing client network and making new connections in the market
• Project Management experience that includes preliminary and final design leadership with MoDOT projects including interstate, interchange, urban reconstruction, and/or rural highway projects is required. Experience that includes county, municipal, traffic, hydraulic, 3D design, or field construction engineering is a plus.
• Design/build experience is beneficial.
• Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and a desire to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, people management experience, and outstanding conflict resolution skills are required.
• Demonstrates successful networking, collaboration, and partnering skills within and across disciplines or functions.
• Working knowledge of current technical and office support software (for example, MicroStation) required to perform the essential functions of the position. Experience with other design software is a plus.
· Local involvement in professional, technical and/or philanthropic organizations
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• Must possess current Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in the State of Missouri
• The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.