Project Manager- Traffic
Help continue our Transportation success and growth in the Sioux Falls and St Paul markets and beyond!
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. Our Transportation team continues to grow and develop. We are currently seeking an experienced Transportation Project Manager focused on Traffic related projects to join our team in the Sioux Falls, SD or St Paul, MN Office.
In this position you’ll be responsible for working as the lead in Transportation traffic projects and help build our future as we look to add additional clients and business in multiple regions. You will act as the technical expert on the traffic side as well as a Project Manager in terms of leading the project team and client relations side.
Qualified candidates must possess a proven track record for leading traffic projects, developing client relationships, and delivering quality transportation related design projects on time and on budget. This is a key position within our firm, and additional opportunities such as ownership may also be available.
Get the conversation started by applying today.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Project Manager will be accountable for developing, designing, and leading highway projects of varying complexity for the Transportation/Highway traffic group. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with government and private sector business partners and must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients in the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
• Is responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. Responsible for leading formal Project Reviews for his/her projects.
• Acts as a technical resource for project team members.
• Monitors the performance of project team members through completion of Project Staff Reviews. Establishes mentoring and growth opportunities for the project team members.
• Provides input into the identification of opportunities, creation of marketing plans, and positioning activities with individual clients.
• Participates in the preparation of engineering services proposals, including the interviews, calculation/estimation of time schedules, and costs of the proposed work.
• Cross-markets other firm services as appropriate to his/her clients.
• Attends networking events and participates in professional society activities.
• Independently communicates on technical, client service and public stakeholder matters with the client.
• Leads a wide variety of public communications, from small group technical meeting to large-format public meetings and client interviews.
• Develops technical strategies in project delivery and internal knowledge transfers.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• 10 plus years of experience developing a variety of transportation projects, with a focus on Traffic related projects including studies, analysis, traffic signal design, and modeling
• Design/build experience is preferred beneficial focusing on traffic
• Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and a desire to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, people management experience and outstanding conflict resolution skills are required.
• Demonstrates successful networking, collaboration and partnering skills within and across disciplines or functions.
• Working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Certificates. Licenses, and Registrations
• Must possess current Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in the State of South Dakota or Minnesota also Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) license is preferred.
• The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.