Project Manager – Potable – Private
Help set the future course for Private/Potable engineering services in St. Paul, MN!
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. Our St. Paul Water team continues to grow and develop. We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager with a heavy emphasis on business development to join our team in the St. Paul Office.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for targeting private clients, identifying opportunities and developing engineering sales for water and wastewater services. He/she will plan, execute and deliver profitable projects using existing internal resources and processes that meet or exceed client expectations within the time frame and resources allocated. In many cases, the PM will be responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous projects from concept through delivery. The PM is responsible for developing and maintaining superior relationships with each of his/her clients. In addition, the PM contributes to the company’s growth by leveraging existing relationships to identify, pursue and win new projects for the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with pre-positioning strategies; identifies, validates and leads pursuit efforts.
- May present projects to clients on a regular basis, and may present the proposal to the client and/or take a lead role in the interview.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales targets by successfully pursuing and winning projects from existing clients. Utilizes targeted marketing efforts to win new business.
- Cross markets other firm services as appropriate to his/her clients.
- Estimates hours, drafts a budget and defines the project understanding to build the scope and contract.
- Builds and manages the Project Plan that includes phases, tasks, timelines, contingencies and description of critical paths.
- Oversees the technical direction and manages resources to meet or exceed the budget and schedule.
- Conducts kickoff and regular project meetings where the schedule, project plan, and client expectations are regularly discussed to ensure delivery stays on track to meet client expectations.
- Initiates changes in scope, addendums and change orders necessary to ensure financial performance of projects under management.
- Identifies client needs and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Recommends additional business solutions to meet a client’s current and/or future needs.
- Interacts independently with client technical and mid-level staff and supports Senior Project Managers and other senior staff in the execution of client management plans.
- Identifies the time and resources needed to deliver the project and builds an effective team.
- Manages projects by assigning tasks and closely monitoring progress against task budget and dates. Holds team members accountable for achieving the desired result on a project.
- Leads Project Team Meetings and distributes meeting minutes to team members and the client as appropriate.
- Resolves conflicts by ensuring they are addressed immediately and in the appropriate manner. Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse issues between team members.
- Monitors and resolves such issues as scope creep, cost overruns, change orders, and delays.
- Develops and maintains a Trend Report that clearly identifies issues, expected project impacts and develops solutions to the issue.
- Ensures the client is billed according to the contract schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which HR Green Inc. conducts business.
- Has worked for 5-7 years as a P.E.
- Has demonstrated that they can work 3 or more projects at one time.
- Has managed various Engineering projects, each generally worth up to $50,000 in design fees, and collectively resulting in revenue managed of at least $300,000 per year.
- Ability to sell work to existing clients with demonstrated experience pursuing and winning work in excess of $500,000 – 1,000,000.00 annually.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus by obtaining renewal of existing work and cross selling additional consulting services.
- Has a history of successfully winning and delivering complex projects for small and/or large client bases.
- Has been involved in one or more industry groups.