Project Manager – Land Development
Help set the future course for our Land Development team in the Houston market!
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. Our Houston Land Development Design team continues to grow and develop. We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team in the Houston Office.
In this position you’ll be responsible for working as the lead Project Manager in Special Districts such as Municipal Utility District design projects and help build our future as we look to add additional clients and business. Qualified candidates must possess a proven track record for leading projects in these special districts, developing client relationships, and delivering quality Land Development related design projects on time and on budget. This is a key position within our firm, and additional opportunities such as ownership or other leadership roles may also be available.
Get the conversation started by applying today.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Serves as Project Manager which includes leading a team, organizing, executing and coordinating project design, specifications and construction contract documents for Special Districts such as Municipal Utility District (MUD), Levee Improvement Districts, and Drainage Districts. Additionally, candidate will attend District meetings and function as District Engineer. The position requires strong leadership and communication skills with team members, clients and governmental agencies.
• Primary contact for Clients, serving as District Engineer for multiple Special Districts.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating assigned engineering work on multiple projects, including meeting schedules and budgets.
• Ability to lead meetings with Clients, consultants, team members and governmental agencies independently, without assistance.
• Knowledge of governmental public and private development codes and ordinance of multiple jurisdictions, design, bidding and construction administration processes, typical District operation, TCEQ rules and Bond Issues.
• Supervision of engineering and support personnel; develop and mentor team members on a daily basis.
• Coordinate with District operators and other consultants on District operations, which include levee recertifications, development plan review, USACE coordination.
• Assist with emergency operations before, during, and after flood emergencies.
• Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer or has made application and is awaiting Registration plus specialized drainage experience.
• 6+ years of Land Development experience
• 2+ years of District Engineer experience preferred
• 2+ years of Hydraulic and Hydrology Analysis and Design
• Familiarity with commonly used H&H software (RAS, HMS, Unsteady, 2D, ICPR, XP-SWMM)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build strong relationships