Project Engineer/Project Manager – Water/Wastewater
Help set the future course for Water – Wastewater engineering services in St Louis market!
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firm. We are seeking a project engineer/project manager or someone who is desiring to be a project manager that can lead a team across geographical boundaries. The candidate shall have 8+ years of progressive engineering experience and be a licensed professional engineer in MO. The candidate shall have a presence in the St Louis market with key client relationships and the ability to deliver water/wastewater projects. This is a great opportunity with an established growing company with great benefits.
The PE/PM is responsible for the successful management of assigned projects of increasing scale. He/she will plan, execute and deliver profitable projects that meet or exceed client expectations within the time and resources allocated. In many cases, the PE/PM will be responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous projects from concept through delivery. The PE/PM is responsible for maintaining superior relationships with each of his/her clients. In addition, the PE/PM contributes to the company’s growth by leveraging existing relationships to identify, pursue and win new projects for the firm.
- Estimates hours, drafts a budget and defines the project understanding to build the scope and contract.
- Builds and manages the Project Plan that includes phases, tasks, timelines, contingencies and description of critical paths.
- Oversees the technical direction and manages resources to meet or exceed the budget and schedule.
- Conducts kickoff and regular project meetings where the schedule, project plan, and client expectations are regularly discussed to ensure delivery stays on track to meet client expectations.
- Initiates changes in scope, addendum’s and change orders necessary to ensure financial performance of projects under management.
- Identifies client needs and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Recommends additional business solutions to meet a client’s current and/or future needs.
- Interacts independently with technical and mid-level staff and supports Senior Project Managers and other senior staff in the execution of client management plans.
- Manage client expectations with design team maintaining project focus and customer satisfaction.
- Provides information to help build the proposal. Tracks the release of the RFP from client.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales targets by successfully pursuing and winning projects from existing clients. Utilizes targeted marketing efforts to win new business.
- May act as pursuit lead for projects, and generally supports others in major and strategic pursuits.
- Leads the proposal development and interview preparation phases to win assigned pursuits. Coordinates the creation of proposal/pursuit information with business line and marketing staff
- Identifies the time and resources needed to deliver the project and builds an effective team.
- Manages projects by assigning tasks and closely monitoring progress against task budget and dates. Holds team members accountable for achieving the desired result on a project.
- Ability to manage multi-discipline staff to the successful completion of a project.
- Leads Project Team Meetings and distributes meeting minutes to team members and the client as appropriate.
- Resolves conflicts by ensuring they are addressed immediately and in the appropriate manner. Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse issues between team members.
- Monitors and resolves such issues as scope creep, cost overruns, change orders, andndelays.
- Develops and maintains a Trend Report that clearly identifies issues, expected project impacts and develops solutions to the issue.
- Ensures the client is billed according to the contract schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline.
- Preferred direct experience in wastewater but water experience will be considered
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which HR Green Inc. conducts business.
- Has worked for 3-5 years as a P.E., with compensation based on experience.
- Has demonstrated that they can work 3 or more projects at one time.
- Has managed various Engineering projects, each generally worth a minimum $50,000.00 in design fees, and collectively resulting in revenue managed of at least $300,000 per year.
- Ability to sell work to existing clients with demonstrated history of progressive sales development.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus by obtaining renewal of existing work and cross selling additional consulting services.
- Has established competency of multi-discipline project needs with individual experience.
- Has a history of successfully completing complex projects for small and/or large client bases.
- Has been involved in one or more industry associations or groups, focusing on the regional or local level