Project Engineer – Land Development
Privately held and employee-owned, HR Green is honored to be one of the nation’s longest operating engineering firms. We are currently seeking a Project Engineer/ Manager with a strong technical Engineering background in the Colorado geography to continue to build and expand our Land Development team in our Denver office.
With HR Green, you will have the opportunity to help lead this practice as we further expand in the Colorado market, with a network of talented staff surrounding you to support your success.
Your focus will be on delivering Land Development engineering projects that bring innovative solutions to our clients on the residential and commercial areas.
If you are a Land Development professional with project experience in the Colorado market and client contacts in the Denver/Colorado Springs market, let’s talk! Get the conversation started by applying today.
Our comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Educational Assistance, annual paid volunteering time, work- life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking.
Position Description Summary
The successful candidate will manage several projects and tasks and shall be accountable for the management/delivery of assigned projects, marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, scoping and negotiating scopes and fees, client follow-up, billing/collections, and maintenance. Ability to maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and direct periodic communication with team members is essential. Active involvement in professional societies is encouraged and supported by the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state, and local established criteria.
• Is responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life. Responsible for leading formal Project Reviews for his/her projects.
• Acts as a technical resource for project team members.
• Monitors the performance of project team members through the completion of Project Staff Reviews. Establishes mentoring and growth opportunities for the project team members.
• Provides input into the identification of opportunities, creation of marketing plans, and positioning activities with individual clients.
• Participates in the preparation of engineering services proposals, including the interviews, calculation/estimation of time schedules, and costs of the proposed work.
• Cross-markets other firm services as appropriate to his/her clients. Participates in professional society activities.
• Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
• Develops technical strategies in project delivery and internal knowledge transfers.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering. A Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant engineering experience is required.
• Ability to plan and lead the preparation of contract documents for Land Development projects is required.
• Demonstrates successful networking, collaboration, and partnering skills.
• Has a positive industry reputation such that s/he is well known in professional organizations and within the industry marketplace.
• Exhibits a pattern of exceeding expectations, key performance indicator (KPI) targets, and project deliverables.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• Must possess a current, valid Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
• Must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.