Project Engineer – Land Development
HR Green is seeking Project Engineers for our Denver, CO office! Project Engineers at HR Green act as authorized agents of the company and are responsible for the delivery of technically sound products that meet internal and external client expectations, on time and on/under budget. Project Engineers makes significant design decisions with limited input by Project Manager for assigned projects. May assist with marketing and business development work and act as Project Manager for assigned projects.
HR Green benefits programs features comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, a generous Educational Assistance program, annual paid volunteering time, work-life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking.
Please review the detailed position description below!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As an individual contributor, uses professional judgment to direct and independently complete assigned engineering designs.
• Actively assists the Project Manager, or acts as project manager, and assigns tasks and schedules to Staff Engineer (I/II), Project Engineer and non-exempt project team members, answers questions, and monitors progress.
• Checks the accuracy (formal and informal QA/QC) of assigned tasks completed by other engineering and technical staff.
• Makes major design decisions that meet the needs of external customers while coordinating the impact of such decisions on related project efforts.
• Pro-actively identifies technical, schedule or financial issues and seeks resolution from the Project Manager and/or the client, as appropriate to the situation.
• Assists the Client in bidding or contractor selection if authorized by the Project Manager.
• Monitors construction and supervises field personnel assigned to a task, data collection or a specific project.
• Responds to contractor questions and issues and prepares and issues project addenda as needed.
• Recommends and prepares change orders.
• Participates in the creation of engineering services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
• Signs and seals engineering documents as an authorized representative of the company.
• Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
• Acts as technical expert on assigned projects when operating as an individual contributor, and acts as Project Manager on smaller scope or specialty projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, and be professionally registered (P.E.) in one or more states in which HR Green, Inc. conducts business (or have the ability to obtain such registration within six months of employment).
• Must have 4+ years of design/engineering experience.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to act as an authorized agent of the company to sign engineering documents
Must possess strong technical verbal and technical writing skills, and be able to read technical literature and engineering plans.
Must be capable of correctly operating technical analysis equipment and computer equipment. Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to apply professional knowledge to the solution of both routine and non-routine tasks and engineering activities.
EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
Acts as an authorized agent of the company and signs engineering documents.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
This position may report to assigned Group Manager or Practice Leader. Responsible for providing mentoring to less-experienced staff members in order to upgrade the overall talent level in the company and shows a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Must hold current registered Professional Engineer certification in his/her state of residence or have the ability to obtain such registration within six months of employment. The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, requiring the use of office equipment. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, printer, etc. The noise level in the office is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. Must frequently orally convey detailed or important information, instructions or ideas intelligently, accurately and quickly. Able to hear and understand average or normal conversations. Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products or see computer screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classifi