Marketing Proposal Manager
HR Green, Inc. is a professional services firm providing workable and sustainable solutions in the Transportation, Water, Energy, Governmental Services, and Land Development markets. With over 100 years of history and a strong focus on future growth, HR Green is looking for exceptional individuals ready to begin the next stage of their professional journey. We are currently seeking a Marketing Proposal Manager to assist our Marketing group. The position can be located in one of our offices listed.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of direct marketing efforts across multiple business lines. To support this endeavor this person manages a Marketing team and ensures consistency with our brand and marketing processes.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads the development and preparation for RFP/RFQ marketing efforts and presentations across all business lines.
- Implements methods to increase the win rate, efficiency, or quality of submittals.
- Coordinates and assists in managing the client pursuit process. Performs research on prospective clients. Discovers the key decision makers within a prospective client organization who have the authority to select consultant services or products.
- Ensures quality and consistency of all direct marketing materials and any formal external communication documents created by supporting staff.
- Reviews all pre-qualitative packages that may be submitted to identified agencies and/or clients at the direction of the Director of Marketing or Business Line Leadership.
- Establishes and maintains new and existing client relationships, organize proposal teams and set proposal strategies.
- Coordinates the overall branding of HR Green, Inc. and all of its divisions and ensures branding is consistent. Makes recommendations to the Director of Marketing with respect to branding initiatives and/or conflicts.
- Directly involved in the development of high profile proposals and interview preparation.
- Administers and oversees the collection and maintenance of data that is entered into and maintained within Deltek Vision.
- Ensures that proper reports are generated out of Vision and provided to the Director of Marketing to track sales and opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Director, advocates for and promotes the tools and processes utilized by the Marketing Team.
- Assists the Director of Marketing in developing a strategic marketing plan.
- Directly manages a team of Marketing Specialists and Coordinators.
- Hires and retains the best possible talent on his/her team.
- Ensures that the right resources are assigned to the right projects company-wide.
- Actively manages the performance of his/her team and provides coaching where needed.
- Assists team members with their professional development, including Career Development Plans and associated training opportunities.
- Works cooperatively with Business Line Leaders and/or Human Resources to identify, address and manage issues of importance to individual group members or the company.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- 10+ years of related professional experience and at least 5 years of prior management experience.
- Experience managing a team and working with stakeholders across multiple business locations is preferred.
- Experience working in an engineering, architecture, environmental services, or related environment is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills with a predisposition to proactive communications.
- Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for quality.
- Must have ability to work within a team, build relationships and work effectively at all levels of an organization including business development and technical staff.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively on a variety of projects concurrently, in a demanding environment, under tight deadlines.
- Must possess strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook and be an expert user of Adobe Creative Suite products, including Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Experience using Deltek Vision required; database or content management experience helpful.
- Ability to travel occasionally, possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Exemplary attention to detail, resourcefulness, creativity and problem solving skill
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.