Lead Engineer – Structural
The stability and success of HR Green is not possible without a great team in place making everything work for our clients.
As part of our national firm, you will be exposed and expected to help be a part of the Structural Engineer team for our St. Paul office. This opportunity will allow you to design the building and internal process structures for water and waste water treatment facilities. We are looking for a candidate who is looking progress their career to the next level by leading Structural projects dealing with reinforced concrete structures or tanks (water-bearing) along with masonry and precast concrete buildings.
You will be part of a Business Line that is growing and be able to have a large impact in a short period of time as we continue to grow in the Iowa market. You will be able to team with great leaders as you move into the next step of your career.
Are you an experienced Structural engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have strong experience with water/ wastewater structural work? Are you looking to a company with a growing market share and wide variety of projects to work on and lead? if so, apply now and let’s get the conversation started!
Our comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Educational Assistance, annual paid volunteering time, work-life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements. Professional development is woven into the fabric of HR Green as we offer flexible career path options, in-house training programs, and incentives for professional registrations and public speaking.
Please see below for a more detailed Job Description.
The Project Engineer acts as an authorized agent of the company and is responsible for delivering technically sound products that meet and exceed the needs of clients. Makes significant design decisions in cooperation with Project Managers on assigned projects, where applicable. May be responsible for assisting with marketing, business development, project management and client communication on a limited and assigned basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses professional judgment to independently complete engineering tasks within federal, state and local established criteria.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, assigns and manages tasks and schedules to Staff Engineer (I/II) and non-exempt project team members.
- Ensures the accuracy of completed tasks through the use of established HR Green QA/QC processes established for each project.
- Completes major design tasks that meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Monitors and pro-actively identifies or corrects technical, schedule or financial issues through effective communication with the Project Manager or other management staff.
- Assists the Client in bidding or contractor selection if authorized by the Project Manager.
- Monitors construction and supervises field personnel assigned to a task, data collection or a specific project.
- Responds to contractor questions and issues and prepares and issues project addenda as needed.
- Recommends and prepares change orders, if authorized by the Project Manager.
- May participate in preparation of engineering services proposals, including the calculation/estimation of time schedules and costs of the proposed work.
- Signs and seals engineering documents as an authorized representative of the company.
- Independently communicates on technical matters with the client.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, and be professionally registered (P.E.) in one or more states in which HR Green, Inc. conducts business (or have the ability to obtain such registration within six months of employment).
- Must have received authorization from the Sector Leader (based on the Team Leaders assessment and recommendation) to act as an authorized agent of the company to sign engineering documents.
- Must have 4 years of design/engineering experience.
- Must have advanced knowledge of office automation, CADD and engineering automation tools.
Must possess strong technical verbal and technical writing skills, and be able to read technical literature and engineering plans.
Must be capable of correctly operating technical analysis equipment and computer equipment. Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to apply professional knowledge to the solution of both routine and non-routine tasks and engineering activities.
EXTENT OF AUTHORITY
Acts as an authorized agent of the company and signs engineering documents.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
This position may report to assigned Group Manager or Practice Leader. Responsible for providing mentoring to less-experienced staff members in order to upgrade the overall talent level in the company and shows a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Must hold current registered Professional Engineer certification in his/her state of residence or have the ability to obtain such registration within six months of employment. The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, requiring the use of office equipment. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, printer, etc. The noise level in the office is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. Must frequently orally convey detailed or important information, instructions or ideas intelligently, accurately and quickly. Able to hear and understand average or normal conversations. Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents, products or see computer screen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.