Certified Building Official and Group Manager
For more than 100 years, HR Green has been dedicated to providing the services that our clients need to achieve success. We collaborate across geographies and markets to provide the engineering, technical, and management solutions that connect and shape communities. Privately held and employee-owned, we are committed to the success of clients and the well-being of our employees.
Our Governmental Services staff works with local governments from across the United States as an extension of their staff, providing municipal engineering services, on-call consulting and public works staff augmentation. We are currently seeking a Building Official/Building Leader to lead our growing Building Inspection and Code Enforcement team in the Corona, CA area.
Our highly regarded and comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Professional development opportunities, paid parental leave, annual paid volunteering time, work- life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements.
If you are looking be part of a culture that embraces and celebrates high performance, get the conversation started by applying today!
The Group Leader is responsible for the overall success of the Building and Code Enforcement Group. The Group Leader successfully sells existing and new client opportunities, manages individual projects, coordinates project staff, and is responsible for fostering great relationships with our client’s. The Group Leader is accountable for the development of existing staff and for helping to identify new talent to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads and provides day-to-day guidance to staff
• Reviews/approves timesheets, expenses, and training requests of assigned personnel
• Working with Business Line leadership and HR, to select and hire new employees
• Assists with the onboarding process of new employees. Coordinates with local administrative staff and IT to ensure office space and equipment is prepared.
• Leads safety initiatives for the group and ensures that all staff follows company safety procedures.
• Responsible for providing constructive feedback to staff, identify development opportunities, and ensure that project tasks align with their development objectives.
• Participate in Strategic Planning meetings and initiatives as needed and requested
• Engages in development-focused discussions with staff and assists staff in identifying and pursuing activities and project tasks aligned with their development objectives.
• Attends Leadership meetings; reports on group performance, strategic planning, and marketing efforts.
• Provides input into the creation of marketing plans, and maintains regular and accurate record of marketing activities with individual clients. Identifies project opportunities and makes Go/No Go decisions under the general supervision of the Practice Leader.
• Assists in preparation of client proposals and plays a key role in the delivery of those proposals to clients. Generally, assumes a lead role in the interview.
• Cross markets other firm services as appropriate to his/her clients.
• Prepares the scope of services, detailed project budget and contracts.
• Works with the other leaders to determine the composition of the project team. Assigns duties, schedules and budget to project team members (including any subcontractors). Coordinates project scheduling, tasks, and budgets.
• Responsible for completing each project on time and on budget. Regularly monitors project schedules and budgets throughout the project life.
• Provides technical expertise and checks accuracy of all completed work. Assures that a QA/QC review is completed at the appropriate stages of each project.
• Manages contracts, determines if amendments are needed, communicates the changes to the client and coordinates timely invoicing and collection of fees.
• Maintains contact with the client after the project is completed and cross markets such other services as is appropriate.
• Participates in other functions as required to strengthen relationships with assigned clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or Construction management or commensurate experience.
• 10+ years’ experience in Building and Code enforcement industry, including experience managing a Building or Code enforcement department for a municipality or consultant a plus.
• History of successfully managing large contracts.
• Has excellent communication and leadership abilities, including conflict resolution skills.
• Actively involved in the leadership of one or more technical/professional organizations in his/her area of expertise a plus.
• Current licensure in respective professional discipline is preferred, this may include Professional Engineer or licensed Architect in the State of California.
• Valid ICC Certified Building Official certificate required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
HR Green, is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.